The Gospel: Day 28

Posted by Jess

I am not my own, 
but belong with body and soul,
both in life and in death, 
to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. 
He has fully paid for all my sins
with his precious blood, 
and has set me free
from all the power of the devil. 
He also preserves me in such a way 
that without the will of my heavenly Father
not a hair can fall from my head; 
indeed, all things must work together
for my salvation. 
Therefore, by his Holy Spirit
he also assures me
of eternal life 
and makes me heartily willing and ready
from now on to live for him. 
~Heidelberg Catechism

“Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:2‬ ‭NIV

Until next time,
=)
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment