Revelation of Anxiety

Posted by Jess

I had a revelation last night about the cause of my anxiety. It’s the way I’ve been looking at life and living. I’m viewing life as if there’s a place I have to get to to be okay. Like I have to reach some place and every decision and action contributes to whether I reach it or not. So every decision and action contributes, in my mind, to whether I’ll be okay or not. Which causes anxiety. The truth is that I am already okay. It is well with my soul. 

The second part of this revelation is that God is teaching me who he is through this trial of anxiety and trouble making decisions. I’m learning who God is, like he is kind, and when I mess up He can provide new opportunities.

I haven’t figured out how to change my thinking yet, but I gave it to God so I am sure He will help.

Until next time,
=)
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment