Herb Ice Cubes

Posted by Jess
I love using fresh herbs in my smoothies, especially cilantro and mint, but every time I buy them, most of it seems to go bad before I can use it all. So after many wasted greens, I've finally found a way to make them last longer: Freeze them in ice cube trays. Here's how:
Cilantro Ice Cubes || A Little Cup of Jess

Directions:

  1. Chop your favorite herbs.
  2. Pack leaves into ice cube cells, fill about half way.
  3. Pour water into each cell so that leaves are completely covered.
  4. Cover tray with foil, label, and store in the fridge overnight.
  5. Remove cubes from tray and store in plastic baggies in the freezer for later use.
So far I've only frozen cilantro, mint, and my green smoothie cubes, but I really want to find more herb combinations. I love this because when smoothie time comes along, all I have to do is pop a cube or two and blend. It saves me soooo much time in the morning. BTW I haven't tried it yet, but you could totally throw these bad boys into a pot of soup or rice! Anyways, what's your favorite herb combination? And how do you keep them fresh? Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time,
=)
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment